Yoga for Dummies, 2ed
Author : Georg Feuerstein, Larry Payne ISBN 13 : 9788126533534 ISBN 10 : 8126533536 Pages : 408 Type : Paperbound
About the Book
Buy revised edition i.e. Yoga for Dummies, 2ed book (2nd edition) which provides 25 percent new and revised content, presenting new concepts for the yoga community, while maintaining its emphasis on safe approaches to the physical practice of yoga and an accessible discussion of yoga philosophy and meditation.
Table of Contents
Part I: Off to a Good Start with Yoga.
• Yoga 101: What You Need to Know.
• Ready, Set, Yoga!
• Prep Before Pep: Ensuring a Fruitful Yoga Practice.
• Relaxed Like a Noodle: The Fine Art of Letting Go of Stress.
• Breath and Movement Simplified.
Part II: Postures for Health Maintenance and Restoration.
• Please Be Seated.
• Standing Tall.
• Steady as a Tree: Mastering Balance.
• Absolutely Abs.
• Looking at the World Upside Down.
• Easy ’round the Bends.
• Several Twists on the Yoga Twist.
• Dynamic Posture: The Rejuvenation Sequence and Sun Salutation.
• A Recommended Beginners’ Routine for Men and Women.
Part III: Creative Yoga.
• Designing Your Own Yoga Program.
• It’s Never Too Soon: Pre- and Postnatal Yoga.
• Yoga for Kids and Teens.
• It’s Never Too Late: Yoga for Midlifers and Older Adults.
• Prop Art: The Why and How of Simple Props.
Part IV: Yoga as a Lifestyle.
• Yoga Throughout the Day.
• Meditation and the Higher Reaches of Yoga.
• Yoga Therapy: The (Yoga) Doctor Will See You Now.
Part V: The Part of Tens.
• Ten Tips for a Great Yoga Practice.
• Ten Good Reasons to Practice Yoga.
Appendix: Additional Yoga Resources.
Millions of people in India alone already practicing yoga, its popularity is undeniable, but as economic concerns influence people to give up costly gym memberships, more and more people are looking for inexpensive and effective ways to stay in shape and promote their health without breaking their pocketbooks. Yoga For Dummies, 2nd Edition provides people with the tips and techniques they need to practice yoga, whether they are veterans of the program or beginners just starting to learn the basics.
About the Author
Georg Feuerstein, Ph.D. has written more than 30 books on such topics as yoga, tantra and spiritual transcendence.
Larry Payne, Ph.D. is an internationally respected Yoga teacher and workshop leader.